Step 2 or why you should add skin toner to your beauty routine?
Dry, itchy, irritated sensation or increased sensitivity?
You need to add toner to your daily routine.
Toner is a water-based liquid with a consistency like vinegar that contains many active ingredients.
- give an extra hydration
- help address specific issues
- remove debris like oil and traces of makeup
- soothe, repair, and smooth the skin’s surface
- diminish blemishes and minimize signs of redness and inflammation
- prep your skin for anti-aging treatments and serums
- close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing
- reduce the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin
- protect skin and remove chlorine and minerals present in tap water
- bind moisture to the skin.
Skin toners do not have any side effects. The primary problem that you may run into is if your skin gets irritated by alcohol. If this is the case, all you need to do is choose a toner that uses natural ingredients rather than alcohol. It also doesn’t hurt to choose a facial toner that is a sulfate-free to help prevent the skin from breaking out and drying excessively.
How to use a toner?
You should use toner directly after you cleanse your face. Pour a few drops of toner onto a cotton pad and clean your face, neck and décolletage. Do it before applying any moisturiser, serum or a treatment products, as a second defense against that dirt and grease.
There is always a simple solution. Make your own cucumber water, camomile tea toner or buy a rose water and use it as a toner.
However, if you would like something very special take a tip from me:
Rejuvenating Frankincense Toner
Revitalises and balances ALL SKIN TYPES. This toner sweeps up last traces of cleanser and prepare skin to better absorb serum and moisturiser with this cooling, soothing, elasticity-boosting blend of rejuvenating frankincense, calming aloe vera and a smoothing, collagen-stimulating tri-peptide.
White Tea Facial Mist
Calms and rehydrates all skin types. A gentle facial mist to calm, refresh and rehydrate the skin. Infused with antioxidant white tea, calming organic aloe vera, aromatherapeutic organic essential oils and soothing Bach Flower Remedies.